Creative Bean Brownies

Why couldn't the assignment complete itself? I don't know I'll get everything done on time, if my brain keeps freezing. -----------> fast foward: Frustration was being built up inside me, I decided to let it all out through some creative form of making brownies.

Seriously, these brownies were quite an experiment (J. - this was my attempt of creating a recipe =P). I decided to add healthy ingredients that could possibly stimulate my brain with their nutrients to help me write my assignments - when the brownies were cool enough to eat.
I ground up the chia seeds, I made oat flour, I used kidney beans, I use walnuts.

I used cinnamon too.. what do you expect?

Let me attempt to give you the ingredients I used..
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1/2 cup veg oil
1 tbsp chia seed meal + 3 tbsp water
2 eggs
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup unsweetened chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate mix
1 cup sweetner (white sugar, agave syrup)
1/3 cup oat flour
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
Chocolate chips & walnuts.



Sadly the brownie turned out so dense, if I threw the brownie brick at a duck it would die. Fine, I am over exaggerating, it tastes absolutely lovely but it is just very hard to eat a large chunk of it. It's delicious cut into small cubes topped on some So Delicious Vanilla Ice Cream. Next time I will have to incorporate more flour and liquid, since the beans made it so heavy. Quinoa flour and apple puree? pumpkin puree? =P Oh the endless possibilities... Just like a chemistry lab.

Just a few seconds ago, I realized I haven't made a regular good old brownie in quite a while. I've been making quite a lot of black bean brownies. If I didn't have simple black beans, I used hippie kidney beans. Hahaha... sorry you didn't find it funny. Here's the link for the healthy protein packed bean brownies!

Comments

Popular Posts