Raspberry Walnut Muffins

I know that I should be studying and finishing my assignments for my courses. I know I have exams coming up. But really, my brain isn't able to focus on the tasks at hand. I need a distraction. Food.... aaaahhhhh... foooood.


Going on a frozen raspberry craze, besides drinking smoothies, I decided to make streusel topped raspberry muffins the otherday. The reason to why I made them was to get my cinnamon fix. Cinnamon in the streusel. Cinnamon in the muffin. Come on, what's not to like with the cinnamon raspberry pairing?

I found a nice recipe on Allrecipes for a blueberry streusel muffin, but I had to alter it. Cut some of the sugar, add my cinnamon fix, add in two spoons of sour cream, use my own fake buttermilk made with skim milk and vinegar. So moist and fluffy.


Raspberry Walnut Muffins
makes 8 large muffins
adapted from All Recipes

Muffin:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (omit if desired, I won't hate you)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk + 1/2 tbsp vinegar (or buttermilk)
2 tbsp full fat sour cream
1 cup of frozen raspberries
Large handful of chopped up walnuts!

Top:
2-3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2-4 tbsp flour
2-4 tbsp oatmeal

Preheat oven to 400'F.
Muffin: In a cup stir in the milk and vinegar together along with the sour cream let it sit for 5 - 10 mins. In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Using a spatula add the oil, egg and the milk mixture. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Carefully mix in the raspberries with only a few strokes. Scoop into a prepared muffin tin.
Topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbs form. Sprinkle on top of the batter.
Bake for 20-25 mins. Let it cool before eating. =)

Comments

  1. Wow...you are going blogging crazy!! Mmm....Raspberries. I was totally craving berries the other day. So I went to superstore and bought two containers of blueberries. Eat them while watching Doctor Who!!! soooo yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =O Doctor Who! which season are you on now? Not that I'm watching it or anything.. I enjoyed watching Sanctuary but I think it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goal this year will be to try and make one of your delicious recipes! thank you for your words of encouragement. you really have grown into a beautiful and talented young woman. never forget that <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts