Kidney Bean Brownies? What? I thought they were...

       Just as the craving of chocolate came, the open door of the fridge beckoned with open arms with a glass loaf-pan filled with brownies came into view. With only a bite the taste buds began to buzz with excitement over the cocoa banana sweet bars. Who would have known that these beauties came from a late night's impulse chocolate need were made with beans? Black bean brownies again probably? No, kidney beans were used, but it sure tastes just as delightful as black bean brownies. And surely enough the want of a cocoa mass was satisfied again this morning.


Honestly, as the bananas and kidney beans were pureed together it didn't look so appetizing. The pink mush looked like pureed cleaned out earthworms (but a better description was given by Flo: brain mush). It made my stomach churn a bit. When everything was blended together at the end my stomach settled and I was ready to eat the unbaked batter by the spoonful.

The reason why I made such weird brownie was because:
a) I love fudgey melt-in-your-mouth brownies not the cakey types
b) I gave me a way to eat brownies without feeling guilty of eating empty calories. Beans have lotsa protein and stuff...
c) It makes me feel like I'm eating healthy when I'm not
d) I didn't have any black beans at home... so why not kidney beans


All you do is put everything into a food processor & blend:
2 ripe bananas, a can of beans (black, kidney and etc), 1/3 cup agave or honey, 1/4 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup cocoa (+more if you so desired), 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/4 cup brown sugar (or less, depends if you want a super sweet brownie)
And pour it into a prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350'F for 25-30 mins.

Random thing I learned over the weekend: My brother can't order for himself at a food court. It makes me sad but also amused by this knowledge.

Comments

Popular Posts