Gewürztraminer//Mead

For the new year, my mother and I opened up a bottle of my favourite white wine. Mt. Boucherie's Gewürztraminer 2010. A sip and a swish to clean the palate. A sip and a moment to taste the wine. Rose. Lychee. Yum. Sounds like a perfect feminine wine to enjoy.

Sadly because only my mother and I each only had a glass that night (too much at once ruins my love for such drinks), we had quite a bit of wine left. It sat in our fridge, forgotten after a week. Man, such a waste. Why didn't we transfer it into a smaller bottle and re-cork it? Don't ask me I have no idea. =( Any ideas what to do with this wine? Any dishes that would be delicious with the use of the wine? Cook mussels? Clams? hmm.

Darn.

Anyways, remember when I went to Carstairs with my best friend Amy over the summer? Rocky Mountain Music Festival? We had samples of homemade mead by Amy's friends who were part of the coordination team of the event. They were just finished fine tuning their mead earlier that year... or at least that's what I thought they said. They had special flavours such as cinnamon and rhubarb. But we enjoyed the more simple taste of the traditional mead. So guess what I got as a Christmas gift from Amy? The awesome honey wine. I gave her a bottle of my beloved Gewurztraminer too!

So for the time being I'll let my bottle of mead sit in our basement until a nice occasion comes up, like Amy coming back to Calgary or going away party for Flo? We'll see. =)


Note: Just to remind you again, I'm not a silly alcohol drinker. Haha. It is always so amusing to try convincing people that. ^^

Comments

Popular Posts