Oatmeal PB Cookies. MMmm??


Sometimes there are thoughts and there are words that try to escape the mind and mouth. Most times they aren't things to randomly say to people because they share no interest and they don't really give a damn (sorry).   Like who would care to listen to someone say that they can be addicted to watching YouTube videos on bot fly extractions? Ya I thought so. So just 10 different thoughts collected randomly in the past few months:
  • What's that noise? Um, that's me trying to talk to you. Could you try to pretend that you're listening to me?
  • Watching The Biggest Loser is quite motivating at times to get me back to a healthy lifestyle. But it really depends on the cast and contestants. This season just killed me. I only watched the first episode because I really didn't find it exciting. Last season was good. I loved Olivia and Hannah. Hannah was very pretty at the end. Even a guy friend of mine thought she was hot. =P
  • Excuse me? I'm not crying because I'm sad and upset. I'm crying because I'm angry and stressed.
  • I'm sorry to be the one who breaks it to you but you are over 55 years old trying on the frilly glittery rhinestone embellished skimpy tank at Forever XX1. It's not very becoming of you. I wouldn't mind you shopping here where all the teens get cheap clothing, but I would appreciate it and I believe you would look better with the nautical and simple patterned clothing.. anything more age appropriate. Thanks.
  • Please eat more. Those stick thin legs, those ribs I see through your shirt, those bony hands of yours? It makes me sick with sadness that you still think you're fat. I'm trying so hard to be a good friend but it makes me feel like giving up on you when you keep on giving excuses to avoid eating certain foods.
  • Just can't get enough of BBC's version of Pride & Prejudice (1995) starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. That probably means that I should go pick a DVD copy of it sometime in the near future. Streaming it from my laptop just fries my eyes.
  • Chia seeds aren't nearly as bad as I thought. They're pretty decent to eat. They're foreign though.. creating a gel around them after being mixed with water. Chia seeds are totally an alien plant from another galaxy. I'm serious.
  • I love the song Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You by anyone really. The musical epicness... sigh! Lyrics aren't that spectacular in my opinion but they are boosted up by the music. MUSE and their electric guitars makes me giddy. Frank Valli makes me go back to the 60's. And oh man I miss Heath Ledger... he was so dashing when he sang this song to Juilia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate About You.
  • Stumped by my own juicer. I don't know what other kinds of veggie juice mixes would be so delicious.
  • Watching YouTube videos about pimples popping and bot fly larvae in humans are so disgusting, it's rather addicting.

I know that some of them were kind of mean but I really couldn't keep them bottled up inside; they need some way of release. Bot flies seem so outlandish here in Canada, nearly unimaginable. But because I had previous plans of doing some volunteer work down in South America, I could have gone home with a couple larvae in me.

Anyways if you aren't disgusted yet, lets continue on...


Absolutely in love with peanut butter. If it was considered healthy, peanut butter would be added to everything I eat. Just kidding. But like the jumbo of thoughts I had, these cookies were like a crazy combo of oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, pb, chocolate, and pbchips.
Putting cinnamon and nutmeg into peanut butter cookies could sound just as awful as bot flies to peanut butter cookie purist.
That might not be true. Cinnamon added into anything is good. Heck ya!

These end up as some awesome chewy cookies.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters
(from "Baking From My Home to Yours" by Dorie Greenspan) 

3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp salt

Mix all the dry ingredients together.

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Beat all the wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients and mix together.

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and/or reeses pb chips 

Add the chips and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350'F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll tbsp sized dough and space evenly on the baking sheets. Use the heel of your hand to flatten them slightly.
Bake for 12-15 mins. Let it cool on the sheets for 15-20 mins before putting them on the cooling racks (they might fall apart).

Comments

Popular Posts