2 Pounder Yeast//Cinnamon Raisin Bagels

2 pounds of yeast is nothing. Think about all the baked goods that will be produced from the yeast in this bag. Now now, lets not get too excited about it. I'm not going to bake things for everyone okay? It takes too much time and effort to knead the dough by hand.
If you want, you could go to the wholesale market and buy a 2 pounder brick of yeast. If you have a stand up mixer with a hook or a bread maker to knead the dough for you, I won't judge and say that you didn't put any effort into your bread ;P A bread maker? :O Less effort? You make me jealous. Any kind of bread is good when it's freshly baked.


I've always stayed away from making complicated breads such as bagels but the lure of eating bagels right after they're baked beckoned to me. The last time I made something similar to these bagels were the soft pretzels but they got hard way to fast, and they were slightly over dosed with spices. <--Flo and I agreed that the decent tasting ones were the cinnamon sugar pretz.

So last Friday-Saturday I made these delish bagels.

The bagels right before I shoved them into my  fridge to let it retard.
I don't understand the concept of bread needing to retard in the fridge for hours. It doesn't really make sense to me... flavours melding? softer bread? Dough retardation confuses me. This is probably the moment where I should Google up "dough retardation".
As you could probably tell, I had fun using the word retard in not a mean cruel way.


Recipe found at SmittenKitchen. Pretty please please let the bagels cool on the pan (20 mins) before removing them if you used oiled tin foil and oat flour to line the pans like I did (too poor of a student to use my  nice parchment paper and to go out to buy corn meal.
My mother pitied me and bought a bulk bag of corn meal for the next time I decide to make bagels or pizza. 


Sponge soft chewy bagels!

Comments

Popular Posts