Sweet Potato//Marshmallow


It's just crazy how food combinations work. Peanut butter and bananas, apples and cheese whiz, chili and chocolate, caramel and salt... processed cheese slice with peanut butter sandwiched in between.

Weird right?

But you know about the marshmallow and sweet potato match, at least hear about it during thanksgiving or Christmas. Have you tried it? I haven't but I'm sure that it'll satisfy my sweet tooth. Although roasted or steamed sweet potatoes would be happily consumed any day.

Anyways I just wanted to share an awesome recipe which I used... Containing sweet potatoes and marshmallows. I didn't really change much of the recipe when making the cake, but if you can't handle extremely sweet desserts, I suggest that you forgo the marshmallow filling and halve the sugar used for the cake. I found the recipe at Whisk Kid who adapted it from Sweetapolita.

My cutting skills are so amateur.
I liked the spiced cake. I like spiced cakes in general. But that's no secret.

You know what though? I strongly dislike swiss meringue butter cream, especially the process of making it and then having it turn up tasting like a brick of butter. So I apologize for the lack of effort when I was frosting the cake. I whipped up some boiled flour frosting the day before I assembled the cake. Which was a big mistake. Beating the living daylights out of the frosting did not return it to its former glory of having a smooth texture and consistency, which would have been ideal.


Next time the ingredients I would use for the cake would be:
2 lbs (908 g) sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 cup agave or honey (or even cut it down to 2/3 cup)
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup crystallized ginger chips



Anyways I enjoyed a timothy's cinnamon pastry coffee with the scraps.
As well as simple quinoa fried rice. No soy sauce was necessary, the quinoa was cooked in low-sodium chicken broth =)

Comments

Popular Posts